Sidra Amin, the opening batter for the Pakistan women’s cricket team, is confident that her team will do well in the upcoming limited-overs series against Australia. The tour begins with the first ODI on January 16 in Brisbane, consisting of three T20Is and three ODIs, and is part of the ICC Women’s Championship 2022–25. Pakistan is in good shape going into the ODI series. They have won five of their six matches in the ICC Women’s Championship, and Sidra is currently at the top of the batting charts with 495 runs in six games. She talked about how important it was for the team to get off to a good start as the opener and how excited she was to learn from a top team like Australia.
“As a first-time visitor to Australia, I am working to quickly adjust to the different conditions here, particularly how the ball rises,” Sidra shared with PCB Digital.
“She also said that the team had been to preparation camps in Lahore and Karachi, where they played several practice games, before going to Australia.”
Pakistan ODI squad
Bismah Maroof (c), Aliya Riaz, Ayesha Naseem, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Kainat Imtiaz, Muneeba Ali (wk), Nashra Sandhu, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sadaf Shamas, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Sidra Nawaz (wk) and Tuba Hassan.
Traveling Reserves: Aimen Anwar and Javeria Khan
- January 16 – First ODI at Allan Border Field, Brisbane
- January 18 – Second ODI at Allan Border Field, Brisbane
- January 21 – Third ODI at North Sydney Oval No.1, North Sydney
- January 24 – First T20I at North Sydney Oval No.1, North Sydney
- January 26 – Second T20I at Blundstone Arena, Hobart
- January 29 – Third T20I at Manuka Oval, Canberra